Notifications & Insurances

House Insurance

Landlords must ensure their property is adequately insured, and the insurance company notified the property is being rented. Unfurnished properties need only building insurance.

Specialist Landlord Insurance can be obtained to cover any damages from tenants, and Legal Insurance to cover possession procedures and court costs and rent arrears.


It is usual for Tenants to be responsible for the utility bills and council tax at the property.

The Letting Factory will take meter readings at the start of a tenancy, and notify the relevant utility providers and Councils of these readings. A final bill will be sent to the Landlord, and new bill to the Tenants.

Post Office

The Landlord is responsible for ensuring their post is redirected. Be aware this can take up to a week to come into effect.

Request a Callback Now!

Contact us here and one of the team will return your call.